Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Discovering the City

Although I have lived in Edmonton for 2 years exactly today (wow time flies) there are many parts of the city that I have not discovered yet.

Last night Brett and I decided to go skating at Hawrelak Park last night. Neither of us had ever been in that area, and heard that it really was beautiful.

Lets just say that it definitely did not disappoint. While down there it seems like you are not even in the city anymore. There is a huge pond that is great for skating, and even a little building to put your skates on in.

Around the area there were lots of people running, snowshoeing and cross country skiing. It really is a neat area. In the summer it is also home to lots of festivals and just a great place to get away.

We are planning to go back a few more times this week, so I will make sure to bring my camera this time!

No comments: