Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Search Begins

I love the house that I live in. I love where it is located at, I love my room, just everything is great about the house.... except 1 thing.

We pay A LOT in rent! It is not only the rent but when you have a 3 bedroom house, with only 2 of you living in it, it gets expensive. Brett and I have decided that we are going to try to move to somewhere that is a little more affordable, but try to same in the same area, or the SE (don't worry not in Millwoods!)

I have started to do a little bit of looking. I have been fortunate that I have always lived in a pretty new place. And I am pretty particular about the places that I live in. Currently our wish list looks like this:
  • 2-3 bedrooms
  • 2+ bathrooms
  • New or renovated kitchen
  • a yard (so no condos or apartments)
  • parking for 1-2 vehicles
  • in a good part of the city
Looks simple right. But it's not! There are a few places in the Silverberry neighborhood that look alright, and there are also a bunch of new townhouses that are just about finished in Terwilliger.

Hopefully as soon as Brett gets back we can start looking. We have to give notice on May 1st, which seems like a long time, but it's really not.

I will keep you posted on any places that we find.

3 comments:

Justine said...

Stacy! Call me crazy, but you should seriously look into buying a place! I was going through the same thing about 8 months ago; best choice I ever made was buying!!

Sly said...

Justine as much as I would love to buy a house and fully decorate it, I have no idea how long I will be in Edmonton for! For all I know I could be moving to Calgary or Toronto in a couple months, and I really don't want a house holding me back right now

RobynBeazley said...

Good luck searching!