Monday, March 22, 2010

Ruffles

No this is not a blog about ruffles on clothing, this is a post about one of my favorite things in the world... my cows Ruffles.

We bought Ruffles in 2001 at the Checkers sale in December. I used her as my 4-H project for 3 years, and the whole time we were best friends. She was the animal I showed when I became Supreme show person at YCS, she put me through college, and is always there when you want to see a friendly face.
Ruffles real name is WFL Miss Westway 669K. The Hadway kids named Ruffles before I got her, and the name just kinda stuck. Since buying Ruffles I have been able to sell 2 of her bull calves at Checkers, and we have 3 of her daughters currently producing in the herd. This year she has our best Revolution heifer calf that is looking pretty sweet!

The day that Ruffles is no longer at the farm will be a pretty sad day. Last year she did not have a calf, but there was no way that I would part with her! She is my baby and she knows it. Ruffles and dad do not get along very well, I personally think its because he doesn't give her kisses like I do, and he kicks her in the head for no good reason....

No comments: