Monday, March 15, 2010

A Little Inspiration

This afternoon my good friend Bethan sent me an email out of the blue. It has been the highlight of my day, and just what I needed on a Monday afternoon.

I hope that everyone gets a pick me up like this, and that you remember to share with those how special they are to you!

My inspiration for the day Stacy!

I was driving along and a song came on my ipod I hadn’t really listened to, its called “Thing Built to Last” by Heartland, they sang the song I loved her first. Anyways I goggled the lyrics and copied the following:

here's to the makers of things built to last
Like church bells and bridges, and baseball on grass
Like Ferguson tractors and Lucchese boots
My daddy's old tools I still use

The pledge of allegiance, the stars and the stripes
The words in the Bible, the sun in the sky
And here's to the twinkle in old married eyes
Still there after fifty years past
Here's to the makers of things built to last

We live in a world now of plastic and glue
Disposable honor, replaceable truth
If a part breaks, why fix it?
Man, what's the use
It costs less to buy it brand new


So after I listen to the song I think of my friend Stacy! She is a wonderful lady and inspiration to myself, even though I don’t think she knows it! Anyways I was thinking how we can all get caught up in the plastic and glue and even just life and it is great to take a step back and realize that there are things in this world that are incredible and that will last forever….like our friendship!

I just wanted to share my inspiration with you friend! Even though the song talks about a love relationship I totally related it to a friend relationship and just like I know I can always count on you! You can always count on me!!

Love ya Happy Monday Stacy!

1 comment:

RobynBeazley said...

Beautiful note to receive! Thanks for sharing this cool song. P.S. You look awesome on horseback Stacy!