Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools!

Ah that day again. All I can say is I am glad that I am not home for Dad to play some dumb trick on me and have me fall for it as usual!!

Earlier this morning my sister shared a story about one April Fools. This is one of my favorite stories, however, there is another one that stands out.

Usually in April we still have a good foot of snow left, or we hope we do anyways. We had a friend that came and stayed over for the weekend. Dad ran downstairs and woke us girls up saying the house was on fire. We had no time and had to get out of the house as fast as possible!

We ran upstairs and out onto the snow, we just had enough time to grab some shoes and get out of there. So there we were in the foot of snow, and below 0 temperatures thinking that our house was burning down.

A few minutes (yes it took us that long) later we realized that Mom and Dad were not with us. They were still inside the burning house! As we looked a little closer, we seen dad sitting in his chair laughing at us as we stood outside freezing out butts off!

We stormed back in the house and not a second before we stepped foot in the door he yelled April Fools!!

Hope everyone has a great day

No comments: