Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cold Day At The Farm

After New Year's Eve I headed out to the farm. It was beautiful when I left the city, and by the time I got to the farm it was COLD! The wind was blowing, the roads were ice, and it was just not a nice day.

Being a farmer, just because it is cold out does not mean you get a day off. There are still animals to feed and bed (put clean straw down to keep them warm). Plus we just started to calf, so there were a few babies like this thinking that he was born at the wrong time!

Our first Revolution bull calf at High Country
The other one that thought that she was brought to the wrong place was Elle. I can just picture her saying take me back to Kentucky now!

Poor girl
Even the cats thought that it was cold out. They high jacked our old dog Kurt's bed when they were not looking.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

I love that first photo! I'd love to just crawl into bed and close my eyes when it's so cold out-but yup, life still goes on....:)