Thursday, January 14, 2010

Denver Stock Show

Right now the Denver Stock Show is on. This is like the Super Bowl of all cattle shows, and rumour has it, that its a pretty good time as well.

I was hoping to get down this year, as I have never been, and it is one of my 101 in 1001. However, I needed to renew my passport, and lets just say that its not back yet. So no Denver for me this year...

There was a large group of Canadians then are down there or going down with cattle. Most of the major breeds will be represented with Canadian cattle. So far only the Red Angus and the Black Angus bulls have shown. Out of those 6 Champions 4 of them were bred in Canada, and 3 of them currently are owned by Canadians!

Congrats to all of the winners, and to all the exhibitors for going down and making the Americans take notice of what us Canadians are all about. I will keep you posted if any other cattle are chosen as champions through rest of the shows!
Champion Red Angus Female- Raised by Soo Line Cattle Co.
Champion Red Angus Bull- Owned and Raised by Northline Angus
Res Champion Red Angus Bull- Raised by Lazy MC Angus and Co-Owned with Bar E-L Angus
Res Champion Black Angus Bull- Owned and Raised by Justamere Angus

No comments: