Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lil Bit of Paradise

Because I will be gone at Agribition all this week, I figured I would do something different to keep you up to date. We are taking 7 head to the show, so each of the 7 days that I am gone I am going to feature a new animal that we have at the show with us.

Today I am going to feature one of the new additions to the show string, RJY Lil Bit of Paradise 21X.

This is one of my favorite heifer calves of the year.  is a daughter of our herdsire IPU Revolution.

IPU Revolution 172U
 Her grandmother was a heifer that I had bought from Czechmate Livestock as a heifer calf. I showed CMS Paradise 05P as a yearling and then again as a 2yr old pair. She was a Heifer Calf Champion, and won her class as a 2yr old at the World Simmental Show in Calgary. That year we offered pick of our herd in the World sale, and the original Paradise was picked by Beechinor Bros Simmentals.

CMS Paradise 05P

We were lucky enough to get one flush out of her before she left. As a result we have 1 daughter out of 05P and Red Label. She has to be one of our top producing cows and definitely a favorite of mine on the farm. This is her second heifer that will be in the herd. The Paradise cow family really is a rising star in our herd.

No comments: