Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Elegant Force

On Monday I got a call from my dad in the morning. He wanted to know if I wanted to buy a heifer with him. He knew that I had been wanting to buy something, but anything that I was looking at was way out of my budget!

Dad and I had been looking at a heifer in the NAILE sale for a few weeks. We both had really been wanting a black baldy heifer, and something that was a little different pedigreed. We found this heifer, and I did a little bit of digging on her.

She is out of a really strong cow family, and had done pretty well in her show career to date. The only problem was if we could afford her or not... That's where dad's phone call came in. He thought that if we partnered up we could maybe afford her then!


Long story short about 4 hours after the original phone call we had bought the heifer! She comes from a small farm in Kentucky, called Happy 6  Simmentals. They have a really cool story about how they got into cattle, and about their son Cramer if you are looking for a good read!

The heifer is now headed to get her tests done in Iowa and will cross the border in about 2 or 3 weeks. I am super excited to see her, and can't wait for her to get here!

No comments: