Sunday, November 1, 2009

This Is It

So the day finally came that I was able to go and see the Michael Jackson movie This Is It.

Most of you have probably clued in that I am a huge Michael Jackson fan. I know all of this life choices that he made not always have been what we would classify as normal. But in saying that I really don't think that there has been anyone that as left such an impact on the music business, and left us with songs that will always be remembered.

Anyways, back to the movie. I had read reviews that the film was one of the best documentaries to ever have been produced. And it should be. Lucky enough we are able to catch a glimpse into the final days of MJ and the preparations for what was to be one of the biggest concerts of all time.

I was nothing short of astound with the movie. Not only is it a collection of his best and most loved songs, but the production that went into creating this experience is unreal. I don't want to share to much of the movie with you, and would encourage you to go watch it yourself, or rent it when it comes out on DVD.

Below is one of my favorite clips from the movie. Not only does it combine 2 of my favorite songs, but it just goes to show the great lengths MJ and his team went to. They wanted to provide the concert goer with the best experience possible, and I think that they would have. If you look closely, you can even see my good friends cousin dancing. He was selected as one of MJ's 10 dancers for the concert.


No comments: