Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Dresser Search

I am in desperate need of a new dresser.

This is the one that I currently have in my room. It is about 3 years old now, and is just a cheap one from IKEA. It was not put together very well and has made 3 moves in that 3 years. Needless to say, none of the drawers work and its just not functional anymore.
I have always had a love of mirrored dressers. My thinking is that I should buy furniture that would be in my dream house, maybe not the price, but the style that I like. So I went on a search for a new mirrored dress. Here are some that I found.I have always like the idea of open shelving with stainless steel or metal trays to hold my clothing. I dont need much dresser storage as I hang up pretty much all of my clothing. Plus I think it would be really fun to display my shoes in some of these slots!I also liked this white washed dresser. Just not sure how it fits in with my whole idea and color scheme.
I now need to do some looking and see what I can find in store and more importantly what I can afford. Dressers definitely do not come cheap... unless they come from IKEA and you pay for what you get!

No comments: