Monday, August 27, 2012

New Career- Edmonton Opera

In the last few months along with getting engaged, I also started a new job!

I had been with Delta Hotels for 2.5 years and had met some great people along the way as well as learning some great things about the hospitality business. However, it was time for a change and the Edmonton Opera had just the opportunity for me.

It has now been about a month that I have been at the Edmonton Opera working as their Special Events Coordinator. I am responsible for raising about 1/4 of the funds that help the association run and produce operas.

I had no idea when I tool that job that it can take $800,000- $1,300,000 to produce each new opera. The association puts on 3 main stage opera's and 2 smaller second stage ones each year, so donations and fundraising is key.

This new job will mean lots of new dresses, fancy parties, nights and weekends to work, but it is a great group of people and I cannot wait to get started with some of our events!

2012 Valentines Gala
2012 Valentines Gala

2012 Opera al Fresco

No comments: